4rd IN OUT Festival 2010
IN-OUT Festival will take place in Laznia for the fourth time. Just like last year, it will be open for the artists from all over the world. The Festival is supposed to select the most interesting video works which search for new formal solutions. The spectrum of interest is defined by the issues of non-narrative presentation of aesthetic problems, and conceptual attempts at posing questions about the nature of the image and its technologic layer. The Festival will be accompanied by special screenings. The prizes will be granted by an international Jury.
Works complete with an application card must be submitted until 1 September 2010.
1st prize: 2000 PLN
2nd prize: 1000 PLN
Honorary mentions (2): 500 PLN
Mieczysław Struk, the Marshal of Pomorskie Voivodeship is the Honorary patron of the project.
The awards in 4rd IN OUT Festival 2010 are founded by the Marshal of Pomorskie Voivodeship, Mieczysław Struk.
4th edition of the IN OUT Festival 2010
Rules of the competition:
1. The competition consists of two stages. Both professionals and students of art faculties creating their works on the basis of motion picture, hereinafter referred to as ‘films’, are invited to take part.
2. Each participant may put forward up to three films.
3. Prizes and Honourable mentions in the competition are as follows:
1st prize: PLN 2 000.00
2nd prize: PLN 1 000.00
Honorary mentions (2): PLN 500.00
The Organizer reserves the right to divide prizes differently or not to grant them at all. Prizes and the Honourable mentions shall be paid not later than within 30 days from the date of public presentation of films at the 2 stage of the competition. Prizes and Honourable mentions shall be subject to taxation on general terms and conditions: the tax shall be collected and paid by the Organizer.
4. To each film put forward for the competition there shall be attached an application form, filled in legibly by the person registering the film for the competition, a short biography of the author(-s) (up to 10 sentences) as well as a still image or graphics in the JPG format. Where the character
of the film requires an additional description or a suitable technical information, this shall be also attached to the film.
5. In the competition one can register a film fulfilling the criteria mentioned below:
a) rendition – by any technique; recorded on a DVD in the AVI or MPG format
b) required form of presentation: projection, 1-channel video,
c) duration from more than 1 minute to 20 minutes,
d) opening credits shall contain the title of the work.
6. Films to be shown at the 2 stage of the competition will be selected by the competition jury, appointed by the Organizer.
7. The results of the 2 stage of the competition shall be settled by the 4-person international Jury.
8. The results of the 2 stage of the competition shall be announced on the last day of presentation of films.
9. By registering a film in the competition, the author simultaneously consents for the free presentation of his work during the 4th edition of the IN OUT Festival 2010 in the registered office of Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art in Gdansk as well as during other presentations promoting the statutory activity of Laznia CCA and also to use films according to the paragraph13th.
10. The competition films shall be sent by 1st September 2010 and the competition shall be settled on 22nd October 2010.
11. The Organizer does not return review copies of films or materials attached thereto. At the request of authors, review copies may be returned to them at their expense.
12. The Organizer shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to films during transport.
13. Films registered for the competition may be used in television programmes and digital publications related to the IN OUT Festival 2010. The films shall be archived, so that they can be non-commercially made available for the purpose of promotion, education and research. It is also
admissible to record the films on a common DVD carrier and put them in circulation, non-commercially, in order to promote programme actions of the Organizer.
14. Works with an application form shall be delivered, to the Organizer by the final and absolute deadline falling on 1st September 2010 at 3 p.m. (the date of receipt counts) to the following address:
Festiwal IN OUT 2010
Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art
ul. Jaskolcza 1
15. Films sent without the filled application form and failing to meet the technical requirements shall be rejected due to formal reasons. Information concerning the author shall not be available for Jury members.
16. Sending of a film for competition together with an application form shall be tantamount to the acceptance of the regulations of the IN OUT Festival 2010 and the consent for the presentation of the work during the festival and use in accordance with paragraphs 9th and 13th of this Regulations.
IN OUT Festiwal 2010
8th February 2010
Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art in Gdansk
info: www.laznia.pl tel.: (058) 305 40 50 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org